Sunday 3 July 2011

Soulful

That was the word Sharon used to describe the images she wanted of her children. Soulful, timeless black+whites. She took me to her and her family's favourite chill out spot, nicknamed Brekky Rock as they sometimes take their breakfast down there and just relax and enjoy each others company.

Sometimes the planets align to bring a session like this to fruition. Beautiful kids who knew exactly what their Mum wanted and were open to trying something new for me; a stunning location (right outside my back door, and one that I will definitely visit again); and a burning intensity inside me to create some of the most amazing images I have ever created so far.

To say that I am happy with these images is an understatement. They are, quite seriously, some of my most favourite photographs I have ever captured. Ever.

Enjoy these Sharon. And I extend a deep thanks to you for sharing your special spot with me. I promise to look after it xxx

10 comments:

Turvey family said...

wow...a beautiful series of images Mandy. No wonder you are happy with them!
I love how you have captured these gorgeous kids so naturally...well done!

Sandy said...

I love the way you write, and that last image of the girl is so so beautiful! Love :))

Rachel said...

Beautiful! You make me want to visit Brekky Rock LOL That last one stands out most to me too - gorgeous.

IamMel said...

Amazing images and stunning children. I adore the mood in these art pieces. Well done Mandy, fabulous work as usual. xx

LBA said...

Love me some soulful B&W!

Ahh, Greensie, always full of surprises .. brekky rock is an excellent find..

Lovely work, Mandy x

Rana said...

Beautiful MAndy, you nailed the black and white conversions, they are perfect.

Peta said...

A great series of photos and lovely black and whites!

Sharon Mallin said...

Soulful indeed! These will be treasured in the years to come, I am sure!

Melody said...

Awesome work honey! I just now was thinking about this session and wondering how it turned out!

Great job!

xx

angie said...

so cute. :)